Sunday, July 20, 2008

Anticipation is making me wait

Now that we have so much activity going on with the home study, the fund raiser etc., I am finding that I am losing patience. I want to get everything done yesterday. I have a new found sense of respect for those families who have already lived the process of adoption knowing now what I do of all that is involved. I remember that old ketchup commercial where the thickness of the ketchup would make the one wanting it on their sandwich go nuts waiting for it to drop onto the bun below. I used to always laugh at that commercial. Isn't it funny how things like this come back to our minds when we encounter these types of situations. Can you hear the song in your mind, " Anticipation is making me wait". We have a friend who has said many times over the past months it's gonna be great when we get our new son or daughter home. I for one, just cant wait to look on him or her for the first time and tell them about God who planted the seed of love for them in our families heart. I look forward to the day when you all get to meet him or her as well.

No comments: