Thursday, January 22, 2009

A fresh wind

Sometimes along the journey we become weary in well doing. That has been my condition somewhat for these past few months. I have let the economic state of our country, the delays we have encountered, the obstacles from places and people we did not expect, and the daunting task we have before us get me down. Last night at church one of our friends gave us a book to read. It is titled "Holy Discontent" by Bill Hybels. Its thesis is fueling the fire that ignites personal vision. It asks the question what is the one aspect of this broken world that, when you see it, touch it, or get near it, you just cant stand? For me its the cry of the orphan. The foster child wanting a family to love him and take care of him. Its the seemingly endless faces of children throughout the world who are alone tonight. Its this that has become my passion, that drives me. The book brought all of this back to my mind with such clarity. Interesting enough the book actually mentions Ethiopia several times. I told my friend it was exactly what I needed and she said when she read it, she knew the book was written just for me. I love it when God shows up like that. Anyway, I would encourage you all to get this book, read it, and find out what great work God has for you to do. What are you passionate about. Go find it!

No comments: