Saturday, February 21, 2009

Christmas in Ethiopia

We received in the mail yesterday a video from our agency, Holt International. It is a video they took in December of their center in Addis Ababa the capital of Ethiopia. They were celebrating Christmas with the orphans they had in that center. It was about a 30 minute video. We counted about 21 kids. They were mostly all younger, I would guess about 2-4 years old. There was one child who looked to be about 8-10, and there were maybe 5-6 infants. They gave the kids presents, and they ate cake and other food. It really brought to life the adoption in a deeper way. To think that we were possibly watching our child playing and eating, really was cool. The kids were so sweet looking. I wished I would have been there myself to hold some of them on my lap. God is moving.

No comments: