Sunday, May 4, 2008

To your mission be true

I dont have much to say today, I am tired after spending 6 hours watching 3 different softball games for my 2 daughters. I am going to go to bed and read some before I go to sleep. I did want to tell you what I was impressed with today by God at my church. We were singing an old hymn and these words were part of the song. I immediately wrote them down on my church bulletin as a reminder to myself but I thought I would share them with all of you. The words were:

Be a helper to the helpless,
To your mission be true.

They were seperated by another line but I did not get that down in time. I think these words are what God wanted me to remember anyway. So this is what I plan on doing. I want to help an orphan from Ethiopia who can not help themselves. And I intend to, with Gods help, to be true to the mission he has given me. I was asked this morning by a dear sweet older brother at church how things were going and I said ok. He asked if things were on schedule and I said more or less. I told him that its going to slow as far as what my schedule would be like, but that I was on Gods much better schedule that I dont always understand. And thats ok. After all, he is God and I am just one of his children.

No comments: