Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What I know of God

I just watched for probably the 20th time the Sara Groves video I have linked to an earlier post. Its her song titled " I saw what I saw". As I listened to it yet again, I was struck this time with the words "what I know of God". Ask yourself this question. Dont rush right past the thought, dwell on this thought provoking question. What do you know of God. Is he a stranger in your heart who only comes to visit like a distant relative on a holiday? What do you know really of God? Are your thoughts and ideas of who God is formed by some book you read, some movie you saw or some experience in your life. Sure all of these things can teach us about God. But why not dig deeper. Ask him to show himself to you in a deeper way. He wont let you down. He wants to do great things in your life, talk to him, read his book, he will lead you to all sorts of incredible jouneys like the one our family is on to adopt. You may even find some day that he has led you to meet your new son or daughter, perhaps through the local foster care program, perhaps from a far away land. Know that he loves you and he died for you. You know why, he wants to get to know you more and more each day.

No comments: