Saturday, August 9, 2008

Olympic Teams

Last night my wife and some friends of ours watched the opening ceremony for the Olympics. Before it started we walked around in my neighborhood and sold tickets for the adoption. We only had about 30 minutes to do this as we wanted to get back and watch the event. We went to maybe 10 homes in the time we had. Not one home said no to buying a ticket. A few said come back today or next weekend but no one said no thanks. One house purchased 4, another 3. In the short time we had we sold 14 tickets. As I have thought about that, I have been amazed at folks generosity, their willingness to help. We have several friends selling tickets for us, donating themselves, volunteering their time for the night of the fund raiser etc etc. This is really a team effort and I am proud to know their is so much love and desire to help out there.

As I watched the ceremony the time came to see all of the worlds athletes nation by nation walk out into the stadium. As I waited to see the U.S. team, I found myself anxiously waiting to see the Ethiopian team as well. My vision for others I have found has grown during this adoption process. I think God is pleased when we begin to realize that our little circle in the world, is not the only place where God is working and where his love is. Isnt it comforting to know that God loves all the little children of the world, red and yellow black and white, they are precious in his sight!

No comments: