Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My 2 sons

I am very proud of my 2 boys. They are both on a missions trip in the Bahamas this week. They are both working at the Y as swim instructors and life guards and they both chose to use their own money to pay for the trip. We gave them both some money and there was some donations that helped but they both used somewhere in the area of $700-800 of their own hard earned money to pay for the trip. I hope that they come away from this trip understanding how much God has blessed them and begin to develop a heart for those less fortunate throughout the world. As I have shared before here on the blog a missions trip I took to the Dominican Republic back in 2005 planted a seed that in part brought about the fruit of the adoption we are pursuing now. Here is a picture of a drama my youngest son Christian is a part of. He is the one with the Love banner hanging on him. The youth group at our church has a website where you can read about what the group is doing on the trip and see other photos. The site is, http://www.connect316.com/ .

No comments: