Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pride

I thought I would share some of my feelings as I have been running all over town asking for donations. Sometimes when I first get started its difficult. You get funny looks from people, you get some quick rejections and you feel like you should just give up. But we cant! We have to keep on asking and keep on working. I spent 2.5 hours tonight and I went to 20 different places asking for donations. Tonight we had 4 places graciously give. I guess when you do the math thats a pretty good %, but sometimes that old stubborn pride gets in the way and you dont want to deal with the rejection any more. I start thinking about what people are thinking of me as they hear me asking for the manager and then tell our story briefly. Sometimes, I wonder if they believe me. I am sure there are many con artists out there and I surely understand that. I just wish I could show them what I have seen and try to convince them of the great need for orphans all over the world. So we trudge on forgetting our silly pride and keep on asking without apology.

No comments: