Saturday, February 6, 2010

In the middle of the night

Last night around 330am Lillibet-Joy woke up crying, she had fallen to sleep on our ride home from the concert at our church last night.  The roads were horrible, overall I think we have 16 inches of snow.  It took my son and I about 3.5 hours of shoveling today to dig us out.  Anyway, the ride home was very slow and so she fell to sleep.  We put her to bed for the night but then at 330 she was up.  Lisa usually is the one who gets up but since I was off Friday on a vacation day to take Lillibet for some tests, and since its now Saturday and I am off work I went and checked on her to let Lisa sleep.  I was up for about 1.5 hours with her to finally get her back to sleep.  I tried rocking her in the glider we were given from a family that had adopted previously, in her room, but it did not work.  Then I took her to the living room to lay with her in my big comfortable recliner and after about an hour there it worked.  As I layed there wanting to get back to sleep and wishing she would just fall to sleep, I began thinking what it would have been like laying on the ground in a hut trying to comfort her in the middle of the night.  I began to be very grateful for the comfortable recliner I was lounging in with her.  Its amazing how perspective can really change the way you are thinking or feeling about something.  We, no let me say I have so much, so many conveniences so many things to make like easier, and yet we, no I still complain.  I can see already how God is using Lillibet and what he allowed us to see while in Ethiopia to change us.  I only hope he never stops working on me.

No comments: