Thursday, February 18, 2010

There is no me without you

I am reading a book by the author Melissa Fay Greene titled "There is no me without you". It is a true story of a woman who lived in Ethiopia, still does I believe, and who lost her husband to a heart attack then one of her daughters to AIDS. She ends up starting a orphanage for kids and its an amazing amazing story. I am about 60% of the way through the book. Today at lunch the story begins to speak of adoption and how she began working with agencies to have some of her kids adopted out. She ends up traveling to the U.S. to receive an award she won and gets to visit many of the children she took care of that were now in the states living with their adopted families. The book tells of a time when she was staying with one of the families and the mother overheard her daughter praying one night. This is the prayer she prayed-

" Thank you, God, for my mom. She's a good, mom. She knows how to be a good mom. Even when I mad, she love me. Even when I sad, she love me. Even when I do bad thing, she love me. My mom, she so cute. My mom, she not ugly. But she ugly, I still love her. Even if she ugly, I love her. Even if she really, really ugly, I love her. And she love me, if she ugly. But she not, she cute. Thank you, thank you, God, for good and cute mom."

No comments: