Sunday, April 27, 2008

Be transparent

I have been thinking a lot about the blog lately. How its almost like writing in a private journal and then letting anyone who wants to read it. Sometimes I wonder if I have shared too much. Should I hold back, maybe not tell so many of the details such as how we were originally rejected by one agency. I dont think so. I think its very important to just live open and transparent lives. There are way too many people living with a mask on pretending to be ok. They hide their pain. I am reminded of the song my wife used to sing at the church we grew up in. Seeing her heart come through in this song was one of the reasons I fell in love with her. Its a song titled "People need the Lord". Here is the part I was thinking of:

Everyday they pass me by,
I can see it in their eye.
Empty people filled with care,
Headed who knows where?

On they go through private pain,
Living fear to fear.
Laughter hides their silent cries,
Only Jesus hears.

People need the Lord, people need the Lord.
At the end of broken dreams, He's the open door.
People need the Lord, people need the Lord.
When will we realize -- people need the Lord?

Private pain. I wonder how often we suffer alone because our pride makes us suffer in silence. So I am going to keep on sharing. I want to be real. Our church has a new theme. Real hope for real people living in a real world. Thats what I want to be, just real.

No comments: