Monday, April 21, 2008

What does faith look like?

Today was one of those great days. I decided to look into other agencies and found a list of 19 that also works with Ethiopia. I emailed all 19 of them explaining our situation and the fact that we were denied for now from Childrens Hope International. We have already received 8-10 responses and 5-6 of them have already stated we would most likely be a go with their agency and another 2-3 said its possible. So needless to say I am once again very excited. Please pray for us as we consider which one to go with.

Tonight I went on a few more hikes. I have been doing 2-3 a day as I am trying to lose weight and also get into backpacking shape for a possible weekend getaway soon. I have loved my time in the woods. Well tonight I decided on my last hike to take my bible and stop midway by the pond area and read for a bit. I am reading through the old testament and am in Genesis. I finished the new testament a few weeks ago. Tonight I came to the story of Jacob and how he wrestled with God all night. I kind of related in my mind to that sense of perservering before God. Begging him to intercede. I believe he is doing that now for us. To be honest, I am somewhat afraid to totally let go again, I am afraid of the pain I felt these past few days, but my hope is stirred once again.

Speaking of Hope, let me tell you about my daughter Hope. I titled this post, "What does faith look like". Tonight when I came home she had a hand made card she had made for me. She did not know anything about the good news we heard today but she did know of the rejection from last week. One day a few days ago she and I went for a walk by our house and I told her of what happened. The front of the card said to Daddy from Hope. She drew several hearts for a border all around it. On the inside there is a big heart with I love you in it on both sides of the heart. The really neat part is at the bottom of the card. She drew pictures of all 6 of our family. Mom is saying "bless you all", Daddy is saying "thank you so much". There is a woman holding a baby who is saying "here is your baby from Ethiopia", there is another person sitting at what she called the front desk. My son Christian is saying "this is great", my son Josh is saying " I love babies", my daughter Charity is saying " Go Ethiopia" and Hope herself is saying "It is baby time". Now that is what faith looks like. She is only 9 years old and she taught her Daddy, who is 42 a lesson in faith today. I hope she has taught you as well. And to think, I was most worried about how she would feel about adoption when this all began. She is the baby of the family, she loves the idea that she is the little one in the house. I wondered how she would take to the idea of losing that status of being the baby. I guess I found out didnt I!

No comments: