Thursday, April 3, 2008

4/3/2008

I love how through all of this process God is teaching me new lessons all the time. Since we opened our adoption fund I have found myself logging on to the account 3-4 times a day. I told myself that I had to make sure that I kept the blog up with any new donations that came in. I know I know, its just a rationalization. Anyway, my wife Lisa has been on me to stop doing it but I just could not stop taking a peek. Well day after day there was no changes. Once I took all the change we have been throwing in a jar at home along with the donations my kids made tot he bank just to be able to look at a new number online in our account! Well, I finally gave up and did not look for 1 whole day- haha. Guess what, I looked today and someone donated $20.00. I know its not a huge donation, but it did encourage me nonetheless. (note the fund raiser thermometer change). Its always interesting to see God working. He waited until I stopped trying to, I guess in a way, control things by looking at it all day every day. Once I did he orchestrated a donation to make me laugh, teach me and encourage me all in one. So whoever gave that $20.00 thanks! You really brought great value with it. Isnt that just like God though, he takes what little we give and he multiplies it. We dont have to have it all together or have all the ability to do something for him. He just wants us to be willing to go along for the ride, then he ripples the water and provides the rapids that speed us along our way. I love that about him. I guess theres always that fine line between letting go and letting God, but also making sure we do our part. I just want to make sure I strike a healthy balance with all of this.

To keep everyone up to date, we are working on a benefit dinner and possibly an auction to have hopefully late May or in June. We are not sure where it will be yet or all the details but we will update the blog once we finalize all of those details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled onto your site. I'm curious how you set up an account at a bank that allows folks to make tax-deductible donations. Are they tax-deductible? That is awesome. You can reach me at jason [at] abbafund [dot] org

I am curious because I work for ministry that seeks to help folks overcome the financial obstacles to adoption by providing interest-free loans.

Blessings on your adoption! Let me know if I can be a resource in any way!