Sunday, March 30, 2008

3/30/2008

Tonight my family watched a video we own. It was "End of the Spear" which is a true story of 5 missionairies who gave their lives trying to win to Christ a native tribe in Ecuador. If you have not watched the movie, rent it, buy it, borrow it, check it out of the library, just watch it. It is an amazing story of forgiveness and Gods power to overcome. At then end of the movie, the narrator, who is a son of one of the 5 who died, was speaking about his families loss over the years. This story was all over the world news at the time it happened. He said people could always understand and relate to their loss, but they could never understand all they gained. I dont want to give the movie away so I wont say much more than that, but you have to see this movie, please!

As I was thinking about the movie after it was over, I thought of what others might be thinking about us during this adoption journey we are on. I think many will be able to understand all that our child that waits for us, will gain by coming into our family. A place to be loved, to be held, prayed over, laugh alongside with, to be told about the God of the bible who loves them and who died for them so that they may live. I dont think everyone will be able to understand how much my family will gain from this however. God has already begun changing me in many ways. My heart is so tender right now. I know our children are going to be so blessed by their new brother or sister. I think all of our faith will grow by leaps and bounds. To see life as God sees it. To recognize and meet the needs of others. I am so excited to see all that God has for us I can hardly wait to see it unfold.

The christian life is such a parodox. The more we give the more we get. I dont mean that in the sense of dollar for dollar to say it bluntly. Oh no, its not about things. But I would not change what God has done in me these past 6-8 weeks for a mound of gold! So look to our Lord, listen to him.

Yesterday I went on a hike, I ended up by myself as my boys decided to stay home. I went to a park that is fairly isoloated by a pond. I sat there in silence for about 20 minutes, listening to the birds, watching the geese fly in and out. I sat there and I heard God in his still small voice whisper to me, be still and know that I am God. Dont we get so busy we forget to listen to him. When our problems seem to overtake us, shouldnt we run to him. Why do we forget the one who wants to carry our burdens. Lets put our trust in him and dont forget, a life lived and used up for him is a life richly blessed indeed!

No comments: