Tuesday, March 11, 2008

3/11/2008

It is about 10pm and I just finished watching 2 videos from the missions trip I went on to the Dominican Republic in 2005. Teresa came over and gave us the videos and the camcorder to watch them on. It was neat to finally watch these. I think I only ever saw a little bit of one of the videos. At the end of the last video, the 3 of us that went spoke of what impacted us the most. What our first impressions were and how we think we will be different. I am glad that God has not given up on me and is still using in part what he taught me that week. It is really here where God first put the thought of adopting in my heart. I remember thinking how those kids were in such need and that Lisa and I should do something to help. While Ethiopia is not the Dominican, I know that there is even greater need there for so many orphaned children. Children that God loves and wants to find a forever family for. We continue to pray that our family will be one of those forever families and that we will be able to share our love and his love with our child God has for us.

No comments: