Thursday, March 20, 2008

3/20/2007 # 2

I wanted to add this thought before I go to bed tonight. I was just listening to the song by Casting Crowns, " Voice of truth". I wanted to share those lyrics on the blog but before I do, please imagine your us right now. You know God has called you to adopt a child you have never met from a country several thousand miles away where you have never been. You already have 4 kids and you certainly dont have the $20,000 needed to adopt right now. Imagine all of the things that would go through your mind, imagine how you would think of what others may be thinking about you. Imagine the mountain of paperwork and fund raising etc in front of us. I could go on and on. Now listen to the words of this song.

Voice of Truth

Oh what I would do to have
The kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
And He's holding out His hand

But the waves are calling out my name And they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
Time and time again.
"Boy, you'll never win!""You'll never win!"

Chorus:
But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!
"The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

Oh what I would do to have The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand
But the giant's calling out my name And he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling meTime and time again.
"Boy you'll never win!""You'll never win!"

Chorus:
But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!
"The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

But the stone was just the right sizeTo put the giant on the groundAnd the waves they don't seem so highFrom on top of them lookin' downI will soar with the wings of eaglesWhen I stop and listen to the sound of JesusSinging over me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth

-End of song-


I love the idea that this is for his glory. We have no business adopting another child with 4 kids at home. We cant with our own eyes see the "plan" where all the money will come from. We do however choose to listen to the voice of truth!

How about you? What giant are you facing? Do you know the one who is the voice of truth? He is calling out your name, will you listen and respond? Will you believe when all others around you walk away? To God be the glory great things he hath done and great things he will do!

No comments: