Saturday, March 29, 2008

3/29/2008 #3

Maybe you can tell that I am home with nothing much to do. So I think I will make this last post and take my sons on a hike. It looks great outside. But, before I do, I thought I would share one more thought with you, at least until after the hike- haha. Here it is. Are you thinking about giving up, quitting, going back. I have to confess, sometimes I cant see the way through all thats involved with this adoption journey we are on. But I am not turning back. Here are a few pictures to demonstrate what I mean. After all, they say a picture is worth a thousand words right?







Can you see it. I took this picture in Ann Arbor Michigan. I was sitting watching the Ohio State vs Michigan game. My beloved Buckeyes we down, 21-19 with 47 seconds left on the clock. I was sitting right in the middle of some season ticket holders for Michigan. Talk about being surrounded by naysayers! Ask yourself why I took this picture, really think about it. Now look at this picture.







Do you see it. The score with no time left on the clock. Ohio State 25, Michigan 21. Those Buckeyes never gave up did they? And they won. Now go back to my question, why did I take that picture of the scoreboard when Ohio State was losing. Because I was expecting a victory. I wanted one of those before and after pictures to remind me of what happened that day. See, God doesnt want us to give up. He is there for us. One of my favorite verses in the bible speaks to this. It is Phillipian chapter 1, verse 6. Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. Man I love that verse. I love how its God who began the good work. Not anything we have done. And its God who will finish it. So dont give up, keep on fighting, remember its a marathon not a sprint. And thanks for letting me finally figure out a way to include a bit of sports into this blog. Things were getting a little too serious in here anyway. Im just glad he let me use a Buckeye thumping of that team up north in this illustration. Isnt God good!
Go Buckeyes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O H

I O