Sunday, March 23, 2008

3/23/2008 Easter Sunday

Its Easter Sunday evening, we had a small get together at our house today with my mom, my brother and some friends of ours. It was a good day. Service this morning was great. The service started with a video and it briefly touched on hope for widows and orphans. It made me smile as I was walking down the aisle to get to my seat as I was late from shaking hands all over the auditorium. Then the choir sang a song where the opening verse spoke of children needing the love of mothers which to me was an obvious reference to orphans again. It was in the context of people withour hope. With God their is always hope! Lisa my wife told me later she knew earlier in the week about this song as the practiced it in choir but she purposely held back on me. She wanted me to experience it without any previoue knowlege. She was right, it did its work on me, I had tears in my eyes. I just got the words from my wife so I thought I would share the opening verse. The name of the song is " There is a hope".

There is a hope

Do you see the people in the streets
begging for a piece of bread
They have no place they can call their own
no place to rest, to lay their heads
Do you hear voices of little children
crying for a mother's love
They are lkeft to face this world, all by themselves
but they're not alone, and they need to know that there is a hope
no matter what happens, there is a hope

This song really touched me. I just want God to use us to bring hope to a child who without Gods intervention, will be forced to suffer and be all alone in the world.

No comments: