Friday, March 28, 2008

3/28/2008 # 2

Today I bought a used door for my car. During the blizzard of a few weeks ago I slipped into our mailbox post and destroyed my mirror. The door itself needed repair for quite some time as it would only open from the inside. I had to open the drivers side rear door and reach through to open it. Once I realized I could get a used door and fix both the mirror and door opening issue at once I decided to go this route. So anyway, I found a gentlemen in the Mr. Thrifty today as I took a 1/2 day vacation. I picked up the door and went to his place to have it fixed. After about a hour and a half it was completed. The thing is the door is green. The rest of my car is maroon. Later this evening around 6pm I went over to my friend Terry's house to help him tear up his old carpet. He is remodeling his old home that he moved out of in December trying to rent / sell it. As I was walking in, I looked at my car and I was struck with something. I had been planning on painting the door the same color as the rest of the car. Now I am not so sure. I started to think about our adoption of an Ethiopian child. Obviously this child is going to be black not white like the rest of his family will be. I started pondering that whole issue. As I was riding home later I was thinking of a song we used to sing as kids. Jesus loves the little children. Do you remember hearing this song as a child? The words that I was thinking of are. " Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world, red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world." As I thought of what those words really meant, I wondered when did we stop believing that? Did we ever believe that? When did we stop believing in Gods dream? Why do we spend all of our time with people just like us? Do we realize that heaven is going to be such an awesome place where all of Gods children worship him together? Why is the most segregated time in our country on Sunday morning? Why do we allow Satan to win in this area of race so often? I think the sin of racism is one that God really hates. I know all sin is just that sin, but man, how do we think God can use us if we harbor this great sin whether silently or right out in the open?

As I think more about that door, I think Im going to keep it just like it is. I want it to remind me every day that Jesus does in fact love the little children. All the children of the world. How about you? So if you see me driving by, just wave, dont ask yourself why I havent painted the green door red. Maybe, just maybe, God will use my door to remind you that he loves all people, no matter who they are or what color he painted them. Shouldnt we do the same?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't my husband have a way with words? I love you honey!!!